Their site publishes the names of owners of unclaimed money account holders in newspapers around the state. The papers and dates for these publications can be seen on the Montana web site. You can search their data base online through Call the Montana Department of Revenue and they will “happily” perform a search for you. Montana may notify an owner directly of an unclaimed money should a property include a social security number. Their FAQ section thoughtfully answers questions on unclaimed funds.

Montana Department of Revenue

Phone: 1-866-859-2254