Celebrities are just like the rest of us in many ways. One way is many of them also have unclaimed money and unclaimed property. In a recent article they searched the California unclaimed money database to see which celebrities are owed money. The article discovered Keanu Reeves has three claims, one for $85 from Pacific Bell, another for $.01 from DBA Entertainment Partners and an undisclosed amount in unredeemed Google gift cards.
California Unclaimed Property Searching
California is by far the best place to see if celebrities have unclaimed money. Most of them are or were residents of the golden state. Just a quick search revealed the following celebrities have unclaimed funds:
- Shia LaBeouf has 4 claims totaling nearly $3,000
- John Travolta has 3 claims totaling over $1,500
- Isla Fisher has 1 claim for just over $1,000
- Kiefer Sutherland has 1 claim for 18 cents
- Macaulay Culkin has 1 claim from Delta Dental for $30
- Sylvester Stallone has 3 claims for just under $100
- Scarlett Johansson has 1 claim for $428
- Michelle Obama has 1 claim for $212.77
- Avril Lavigne has 3 claims over $3,000
Can we confirm with absolute certainty that these are indeed the celebrities….no. However if you look closely at a lot of these claims, they are from production and music companies and one is even from the Walt Disney Corporation, so we think that they most likely are.
Celebrities are less likely to claim these amounts, since, for most of them, this amount is just a drop in the bucket. However, like many of you, they probably don’t know the money is there to be claimed.
Search For Your Favorite Celebrities
Since these databases are public record, any one can search them. Just go the the California unclaimed money page and search their name. Don’t get too excited though, the address associated with the account is likely their management or production company or an old address since these claims are at least 5 years old.